Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blacktail - Updated 6-11-2011
Went out to Blacktail yesterday after work. The water is very high, up covering the grass, some people pushed two of the picnic tables into the water a few feet so they could get onto the dock around the swimming area.

Clouds were covering the sun from 6 until it dropped behind the mountain at 8, and the water was still very muddy and brown. Didn't have any bites, saw maybe 5 jump in those 2 hours, and none of them were near us. A couple of fisherman came in on a boat and had caught one sucker.

Also, no luck catching any crawdads, didn't have my trap in for very long but I usually get one or two. I only started trying for them last summer, so I've never tried in the spring before.

Fished the Shelley pond the night before and had fish jumping quite a bit where the river flows in, but still didn't get any bites.
[signature]
I jumped all over this post hoping you were going to tell me a "good" fish story. However, sounds like the same old, same old most everywhere locally right now. We will have to talk sometime about the Shelley Pond.

[signature]
Kids were there this last weekend and did pretty good. Just S of swimming docks about 40 ft or so. Throwing worms. 7 perch and 1 cutt[fishon]
[signature]
Had much better luck yesterday 6-11-2011 for free fishing day. The dock at the south end of the grass was empty because it was too far out to jump to, so we found a stick and pulled it back in and tied it to a sagebrush bush.

nothing for a while then 2 cutthroat right after another using a worm and a marshmallow to lift it off the bottom, a couple of chubs later, and then as it started getting late we pulled in 7 perch, the biggest at 9-10" and a kokanee all using worms or worm/marshmallow on the bottom. My fiance caught the koke, I think I'll keep her Smile .

[inline IMAG0034a.jpg]
[signature]