Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome from the West Coast of Arizona- New Member !
Welcome all fellow Float Tubers! My name is Robert aka… AzRob and I live in beautiful Lake Havasu City, Arizona - home to the world famous London Bridge. Lake Havasu is also famous for spring breakers and world class Fishing! In fact its home to the world’s largest Redear Sunfish ever caught on record! The huge slab weighed in at 5.55 pounds, measured 16.75 inches long and had a 19-inch girth. I have caught my fair share of large slabs over the years,along with large Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass and sometime a few Stripers, Catfish, Carp, oh yea and one Crappie...but nothing like a 5 lbs sunfish. [shocked]

I’ve been fishing for over 25 years (hope I don’t show my age) with some ups and downs. But in 1997, I bought a WoodRiver StealtRider Float Tube and never look back. When I Lived in California, I would do a lot of Float Tubing at Perris Lake and Newport Bay- landing Bass after Bass in my trusty StealtRider. Then a few years later I moved to Lake Havasu City and was surprise at the quality of the fish at the lake. The City has a very nice fishery program with large area of Fish Habitats in the lake. I have caught some very nice fish off the fishing docks and from the shore, but the real fun is fishing from my Float Tube! Nothing is more relaxing then to see a Large Smallmouth jump two feet in front of you and pull you around the lake (Who needs a trolling motor).. Oh what fun.

I just order up a new toy - a Fish Cat 4 which I hope to get in a few days. The weather here has been weird for the month of May with lots of wind and rain. Its can get hot here like 120` But it’s a dry Heat! So I hope for some better weather when my Cat arrives. In the Future,I hope to do some posts/fishing reports from here to let you know what’s going on Arizona’s west Coast with some pictures to go with it.

So anyways I think I said a lot and it’s time to go fishing… So if your ever what to fish this great Lake, just drop me a E-mail or post and I’ll give you some tips.

Talk to you soon ... AzRob [Wink]
Azrob@Live.com
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard. You really plunked down in some prime tubing area. I lived in Phoenix and had a cousin who lived in Havasu for a few years. Got in some fine fishing there. Lots of stripers, largemouths, cats, etc. That was before the big redears came on. I used to catch some up to about 3 pounds down in Patagonia. A five pounder is scary.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you like cats there are some bodacious channels and flatheads both in Havasu and below Parker Dam. Upstream you have the Toppock Marsh area that is great for all warm water species too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck with your new ride. Those old Stealthriders are great tubes. But the newer models have taken over the market nicely and unless you weigh much over 200 pounds the FC4 should keep you happy.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Be sure to post some reports and some pics. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Welcome!

(My two sons live in Phoenix!)

Lotsa good information on this forum... and the members aren't half bad either! [Wink]
[signature]
Yea, I had allot of fun in my old Stealthrider and caught tons of fish from it, But it was time to upgrade[Wink]

I`m on a tight budget so the Fish Cat was right at what I wanted to spend, and had some good reviews on this site and others (Did a lot of reading on the FC4). I`m not a little guy, and weigh about 210 - But its rated at 250 as you all know, So I hope that it will not be a issue. From All of the videos and pictures that I look at ..most of the guys in it are about my size and look like they are having a ball. So I hope that my weigh will not be a problem and sink the ship[shocked]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I know of guys heavier than you who have had the FC4 and done just fine. It should at least be as comfy as your old ride. Maybe more, since you will sit higher in the water.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The weight ratings are more of a suggestion than an absolute. You can still add a bit of gear and not have to worry about getting your armpits wet.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The big difference between the Fat Cats and the Fish Cats is in the length of the "nose"...between the end of the pockets and the end of the fronts of the air bladders. A few inches longer on the Fat Cats...and the air bladders are just a bit wider too. But unless you are pretty porky you should fit in the seat and ride just fine.[/#0000ff]
[signature]