Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manti area?
I found out I have to go to Manti on Monday and I'm hoping to fish at some point. I've fished Thistle, Huntington, Nine Mile, PaliSades, and Electric, all in that general area. Can anyone tell me the status of some of those waters down there, including places I haven't mentioned? If the weather is nice I'm going to ride my motorcycle down there so I'd just be stream fishing. If it's rainy I'll throw my tube in my truck to have the option of tubing. thanks.
[signature]
Huntington and Electric are frozen solid and you'd have to hike through several feet of snow to get to them. Don't know about the other two.
[signature]
Nine Mile and PaliSades are a little dirty, but fishable. Sorry I haven't fished either lately, so I can't be of much help.
[signature]
Thistle = chocolate milk
[signature]
Right now with the snow pack and the high water in the streams you might have a hard time finding anything. Let us know what you find out though.
[signature]
I got called back into my office so I didn't get a chance to look around much. Ninemile was pretty murky so I decided against that, plus it was pouring. I drove by Thistle hoping for a miracle but, as stated, it was chocolate and running out of its banks in places. If I would have had time I would have run up Diamond Fork. It looked like it wasn't very high. The water was off-colored by Highway 6, which isn't unusual, so maybe it's okay higher up.

I kind of lost my zeal for float tubing a few years back but I'm going to have to get it back if I want to get some fishing done.
[signature]
Before everyone heads out to fish Diamond Fork just let you know it is totally blown out it's entire length. Ran into a pair fishing with worms Sunday just below the turnoff for Ray's Valley (gate still closed) and even they were having a tough time with the fast current. Did find some marginally fishable water much higher up in a couple small tributaries. Be warned the gate above Springville Crossing is still closed and this takes some hiking to reach. Fishing was slow, only a handful of smallish cutts in about an hour before the rain let lose and I called it a day. The hike back to the car through the mud during a downpour in cool weather reminded me why I don't live in Oregon.
[signature]