Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watertooner says "Hello"
I just joined the BFT forums a few minutes ago. I want to say "Hello" and "thank you" to the people who post here in the Float Tubing forum. I bought my 'toon (Madison model from Classic Accessories/Trout Unlimited) in 2005. It was hanging from the ceiling in a farming supply store for over a year. One day, I asked the floor manager if they were willing to negotiate a discount price and offered $200. I ended up with two toons when they said there was a twin languishing out in the warehouse. The discussions and photos in this forum have inspired me to slow down my work life, fish more and have fun modding my Madison. Despite owning these toons for 6 years, it was only yesterday that I caught my first fish - plus 5 more - all crappie. Thanks to your group wisdom and flair for sharing, I was able to use my toon, waders, fishfinder, anchors, fishing poles, etc in a combo that worked while folks in boats nearby were not catching anything. I live in southeast Wisconsin with lots of small lakes and slow rivers to explore. I hope to share stories, pics, and ideas as time goes by.
[signature]
That is so cool! Welcome, and look forward to your reports. I gotta ask....do you use cheese[laugh][Wink] Yours is some of the best, right?
[signature]
With over 600 varieties of cheese to choose from, the fish in these parts prefer the "cheese noodles" because they look like worms - but taste better![Wink]
[signature]
Cheese noodles? mmmmmmm LOL
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard. Look forward to future reports. You really do live in a tube and toon friendly area. Lots of water and lots of species.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Way to go!!! That is a great report. There is a lot of "collective wisdom" here. Glad you found us, and I am looking forward to more reports.
[signature]
Welcome welcome welcome! Glad to see that you were able to put everything together and show the power squadron that tubing and tooning makes sense. Nice report. [cool]
[signature]