Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mantua bound 5-25
im planning on taking my small boat to mantua on wednesday morning for some bass fishing. any suggestions on what they are hitting right now? never fished that place before. also can you launch from anywhere in the lake? cuz im gonna be using a 12 ft boat with no trailer. thanks in advance for pointers
[signature]
I caught 8 bass there today all on jig 'n pig and texas rigged worm.

The main lake temp was 55 to 56. One female was full of eggs and one male squirted when I picked him up.

Once today I put on a new jig on and broke off on a fish. So I tied another one on that was simular and cast it out. On the first cast I caught a 3 pounder. Then I noticed my other lure in its mouth. So I got my new jig back. What is the chance of that happening?
[signature]
thanks for the info! hah thats funny about the jig! the closest that something like that has ever happened was when i broke off a crankbait on a fish and the next day came back and when i took a break on the shore and got off my float tube there was my crankbait on the shore! so they are hitting jigs. any color preference?
[signature]
Did the same thing at mantua last year. Caught him a couple hours later with my lure hanging from his mouth.
[signature]