Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard?
Ok,

I've been looking and reading the posts. What I'm trying to do is figure out whether to try Willard. I fish from shore/tube. I ust can't figure out whether it's worth a try. Not very many posts on fishing prospects. Is it because of the launching problems or are they just not active yet?

I've been having a ball at Mantua but I'm looking for a challenge of bigger fish. Should I go to Jordenelle or Willard? I would really like to get into the wipers but it hasn't looked too consistent according to the posts. Any comments? a.m. or p.m. at Willard?

[crazy]Leaky
Leaky,

I was there last thursday with aquaman and wannagofish and we got skunked. No surface activity, no boils, just one little cat. It is probably due to the low water and the visibility. It's very muddy. The water level shuts down the bite and the murkiness prevents boils cause they can't see the shad to herd them up. Wipers are very visually oriented.

I would head out to pineview and fish from the shore. You will have a ball with the smallies and the muskie bite is picking up. If you plan on heading out there let me know and I can meet you for some fishing fun.

Al
[signature]
I haven't been out on Willard in a boat in close to a month but the last time I did we only got one. We never made it to the West side though. We were there on the west dike last Sunday without much luck. I think Willard would not be the best place to fish right now but I'll give you a better report on Sunday because Muskyhunter and I are taking his boat out in the afternoon to give it a try. Good luck, no matter where you go. WH2
[signature]
Al,

Thanks for the offer. Not sure what I'm doing. If I don't hear anything good about Willard, I'll probably go to Jordanelle sunday or monday. Anyone out that way, look for me and Bud in the tube at the north end (my old spot) at the end of the road and visit with us. Still avoiding paying the fee!

[crazy]Leaky
Leaky - I'll be up @ Jordanelle on Sunday with UncleRay & company, I just might bring along a brew or two. Maybe I'll see you there is you're planning on heading up. Look for a red subaru with BFT sticke on the dash... we'll b float tubing in the rockcliff area.
[signature]