Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clearwater chinook help?
I will be in Lewiston june 6-9th and would like to try some salmon fishing and catching. Can you catch much in town or is a lot better up river ?
I would love to go with someone in the evenings to show me what to do as far as locations, technique and rigging. I have been steelhead float fishing on the upper Salmon for a few years so I was thinking it is similar but using bigger gear..
[signature]
Fishing can be good right there in lewiston. Do you have a boat? If you do, have a good anchor with some chain and plenty of rope and plunk sardine wrapped kwikfish from your boat. That's all we do and it seems to work. I can give more detail on rigging your rod if you'd like. You'll probably see boats anchored all throughout the stretch from the flying J boat ramp down to the confluence so you just have to pick a spot. I haven't fished from the bank for springers so somebody else might give you some pointers if you plan on bank fishing. good luck!
[signature]
I am stuck in lewiston and no boat. I think I will fish when driving down the Clearwater to Lewiston. Just need to find the best setup and a location to stop at.
[signature]