Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toon registration a breeze
I was worried there was to be a long painful process to register the toon. It couldn't have been easier. Thanks to advice on this forum I took the two required forms and a picture of the toon, and five minutes and $35 later I had decals in hand. They instructed me to add the HIN on the frame and that was that.

So here's a silly question. Any of you tooners ever attached a skeg or fixed rudder to the toon to keep it straight?
[signature]
They don't work. You really need to let the boat pull you, not push.

$35.!!!! No taxes? This is the first time you registered the boat and no taxes? I want whomever helped you!
[signature]
As FG said they don't work. Turn the head of the motor around so that the controls and prop are on the same side. Lock motor in straight position, let motor pull you then steer with the flippers on on feet. Works great.[cool]
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]$35.!!!! No taxes? This is the first time you registered the boat and no taxes? I want whomever helped you![/quote]

No taxes if it's a gift. [Wink]
[signature]
I thought that too...in fact I had a tax number being faxed to them but...Oh sorry, we aren't getting it! I know I should have walked away and come back another day, but oh well, all said and done now...I still want your person in the future[Wink]

I have licensed a few boats (pontoons and tubes) and it was never easy. Maybe they have it down to a science.
[signature]
Or maybe she just screwed it up. I didn't have to get the HIN inspected or anything, she just handed me the stickers and registration and charged $35. She did have me write and sign on the back of the picture that it was a gift from my father.

It registered it at the Draper office by the way.
[signature]
Wohoo! you da man! That is great. I keep telling myself they are figuring this out.
It was a pain in the arse to license both my boats plus hubby's, but they are done, we are going to stick with these for awhile, so it is all good. Comes in the mail now...LOL

Give a shout if you want some company.
[signature]
I appreciate that fly goddess. I think with this storm system the water is going to be pretty cold tomorrow, but it looks like the weather is finally going to get warmer for a while. Next weekend I want to hit the Knolls or the mouth of the Provo at Deer Creek. If you guys are going to be in either area the same day as me, I'll say hi.
[signature]
Thanks, we do have plans to go north over the boarder Thursday though.
[signature]