Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what kind of fish is this?
i was out fishing today in the river and caught this fish but i have no clue what it is. can anyone help me out?
[signature]
First of all welcome to the site and I am sorry I won't be able to help you. I do not know what it is but I am sure it's not a pan fish, you could check with your local Fish and Game office, but you also need to reset your date on your camera unless this has been troulbling you since the date on the picture[Wink]
[signature]
Looks like a bluegill, maybe the color is just different because of habitat...?
[signature]
looks like a freshwater drum here is a pic of one

[Image: freshwater_drum.jpg]
[signature]
Didn't think of a drum. Could be. If it is, it's pretty small for a drum..When I catch them or see them caught, 95% of them are between 7-12 inches.
[signature]
The average size of a freshwater drum is 15 inches and 3 pounds, although they can grow to 50 pounds. The average commercial catch usually weighs 1 to 5 pounds. The all-tackle record is 53 pounds, 8 ounces. They can live up to 20 years. Although it prefers clear waters, the freshwater drum is adaptable and can withstand turbid water better than many other species. It is commonly found in large lakes and in the deep pools of rivers. It favors deep water, staying at the bottom but moving shoreward at dusk.[fishon]
[signature]
hmmm,a croacker does it make grunting sounds, I saw one in my lake,also has small fangs like a snapper?I was snorkeling and heard it grunting,saw the fish hidding in its lair.nice truck,my bro has an old Bronco with lift kit.Also exhaust,you hear him,down the block.
[signature]
[quote Paulpro]nice truck,my bro has an old Bronco with lift kit.[/quote]

thanx, yeah mine is lifted 4" with 33"s lots of fun gas guzzler though.. it almost makes me cry to fill it up LOL then i go of roading and i feel better lol
[signature]