Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outfitting an ODC 420
Hey guys been awhile since I've been on but over the down time I've recently added a few more toys to the arsenal. One being a featherlight Heritage kayak and a ODC 420 that I got from Craigslist for $80. My question was if anyone has experience outfitting the ODC with rod holders ect.. Hopefully be adding some pics soon as I get a chance to wet a line.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Here are some pics I took after pimping one out in my tubeatorium. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope they help.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks TD !!! I figured you'd have a few ideas. I was also thinking of a way to add a sushi board to get rid of the flimsy stripping apron but other than that I love this fishing platform. Very stable, fast, and seems to be built to last. Now I need to decide what tube to use when I go out, the navigator IV or the ODC and then there's the kayak [crazy][crazy]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Like I tell folks...there ain't no federal or state regulations that dictate how many watercraft you can own...of what type. If you have the net spendable...and the unscratchable itch...then go for it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My favorite tough decisions are where to go and what to fish for when there are several spots all "going off" at the same time. Now those are tough decisions...and much better than trying to figure out what shade of lipstick to wear.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Does this tube make my butt look fat?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Here are a few pics of the new kakak and one of the "used" ODC
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice rigging on the yak.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You got some work to do on the tube. Be sure to post some pics when it is water-worthy.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote Bassassin714]Hey guys been awhile since I've been on but over the down time I've recently added a few more toys to the arsenal. One being a featherlight Heritage kayak and a ODC 420 that I got from Craigslist for $80. My question was if anyone has experience outfitting the ODC with rod holders ect.. Hopefully be adding some pics soon as I get a chance to wet a line.[/quote]

I used sections of a 7/8" dowel to make a frame, clamped to form an "H" shaped frame that goes through the end rings at the point and side rings at the pockets for a a foot bar. The rod holders are just steel "U" bolts drilled and clamped at the upper seat end of the wooden frame, one per side. Simple drop in and remove setup, the inside diameter of the "U" bold determines how snug your pole and the angle of tilt and the rod butt rests against the pontoon itself for some of the upright support. You can bend the "U" bolt to make the hold more secure. I needed a foot rest anyway, so it worked for me.

Pon

[url "http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/newreply/Board/26/Number/6219784/what/showflat/fpart/1"]
[/url]
[signature]
For just ROD RACKS for the ODC420, there are some pictures of the ones that I build embedded in this thread:

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Float...ead#unread

Let me know if you have any questions...

Bob
[signature]