Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Fork Canyon
I know there are a couple of lakes up in american fork canyon. does anyone out there now how the fishin is up there? I know there are alot of primitive sites up there but does anyone know if they allow 4-wheelers up there? i have an anual trip up to the Uintahs but it is lookin like they might not open the road for a few. lookin for another option.

thanks for your help guys?
[signature]
Went for a drive up the canyon on Sunday afternoon and the gates were still closed. Tibble fork was the only lake you could drive to. Not sure how the fishing was but there were plenty of people trying.
[signature]
I wouldnt expect to get up to silver lake flats for awhile yet. As far as four wheelers go once they open the gate above Tibble fork there is a dirt road that goes clear to midway. You can ride 4 wheelers on it. During the summer on a nice weekend you will have a lot of company. Sometimes it looks like a parade of 4 wheelers. As far as riding off of the dirt roads it is a travel restricted area and you cant go cross country.
[signature]
Part of the road on the way up to Silver Lake Flat has collapsed and will require some major earthwork before people can drive up there. Its still snowed in at the lake though.

-DallanC
[signature]
I went up to Tibble Fork a couple days ago and the rangers said that the Alpine Loop road won't even be open for two weeks. They are planning on opening it on the 17th and the dirt roads will be some time after that. Pittsburgh Lake is another up there besides the two Silver Lakes that can be fun to fish.
[signature]