Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visitor Wants Direction
I am from Denver, and I will be traveling to Pocatello for business on June 14th, 15th, and 16th. My newly retired father decided he wanted to come along to see Pocatello and try a little fishing. He will really only have 1 day to go fishing on the 15th, so if anybody can give us some direction on some good spots, we would appreciate it greatly. He's not a fly fisherman, so a lake/reservoir or a stream with easy shore acess would be best. Also, huge trout . . . huge trout would be good too.

Thanks for any input!

Chad
[signature]
how far from poky are you willing to travel?
There are a lot of good places to go, the problem right now is the super high water.
most all of the rivers and streams are above flood stage, and are expected to stay that way for quite some time,
[signature]
Lots of lakes down in the preston area that should be fishing decent with the warmer weather. I haven't been down that way lately though. Treasureton reservoir has huge trout but there is a no bait restriction. So if you don't mind throwing artificials that are within the regs (single barbless hook) you could catch some nice fish. Someone who has been down that way lately might have a better sense of where to send you though.
[signature]
I would make the drive to Henry's Lake. Gorgeous country, good chance of catching a VERY large trout. If you dont want to travel that far look up Blackfoot Reservoir. Those rainbows seem to average 18-20" with bright pink meat-again easy bank fishing. Fish near one of the larger tribs. Good Luck!
[signature]