Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakley (goose creek) reservoir report
Fished oakley June 11th from 10 to 230 and landed 19, everything was working but we had our best luck on needelfish. nothing real big but some nice pan sized fish. water is super high and ramps are under water. beach launch is about your only option. even found a snake to taunt as we were loading up [laugh]

[Image: DSC03591.jpg]

[Image: DSC03585.jpg]

[Image: DSC03582.jpg]

[Image: DSC03579.jpg]

[Image: DSC03580.jpg]

[Image: DSC03573.jpg]

[Image: DSC03596.jpg]
[signature]
Thanks for the pics I always wondered what Oakley looked like. Sounds like you did awesome.

Windriver
[signature]
That looks like my kind of place...isolated and out in the hot sun. Is there camping around there? Not necassarily a campground but spots to pull a small trailer down near the water and camp?
Does it get crowded? I can't find much info on it but does look there are walleye and perch in there also? Anything you wish to share would be great. We used to go to Salmon Falls once in a while but this looks pretty interesting. Thanks.
[signature]
It is not out of the hot sun or the high wind[cool]
Ron
[signature]
It was fun to get out and catch some fish. its a lot like salmon dam. there are a few folks that camp right by the launching ramp but there are better places just up stream on trapper creek. Nice spots surrounded by willows next to the creek. But bring your skeeter spray they can drain you in just one night.
[signature]
It looks like you had fun. Can a guy launch a float tube or a pontoon at the back end? Ron
[signature]
It was a lot of fun. Im sure you could ron but when you get to the upper goose creek end the water darkens up a lot. we never went clear up but i would guess goose creek is dumping a ton of mud in the reservoir. If i remember right if you go up like your going to the rock quarry just keep going past the cattle guard and when you drop down the hill there is a little jeep trail that turns to the right. takes you right to it.
[signature]
Looks like some great fish Drowning flys.......are there any docks there that I could maybe pull in a trout or 2 off of?
[signature]
[quote Bmarsh]Looks like some great fish Drowning flys.......are there any docks there that I could maybe pull in a trout or 2 off of?[/quote]
lol Mr marsh i could build you a dock [Wink]
[signature]