Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starv-berry
Had a couple days to fish so we decided to try the berry. Got in Friday afternoon. We really don't know much about the lake or how to fish it and I really thought we might get skunked. We tried jigs and casting pointers with out any luck. Decided a few hours killed touring the lake at trolling speed would at least produce some nice scenery. We passed by a really hungry deer. Hope she makes it. Then entered the narrows where I hooked a cut on a pointer minnow. Shortly after that another cut liked the pointer minnow. We decided after reviewing the gps to hang a left and take that narrows back out to the lake. It was about 6pm then and for about an hour and a half we lost count of the rainbows that loved the pointer minnows. We had triple hook ups. Most were the little spring planters but several were last falls fish in that 16 inch or better length. It was all good and fun. We left them there for some one else to enjoy.
This morning Wiperhunter2 joined us and we went in quest of walleye in Starvation. Again with less than good experience here we went walleye free. Christie managed a nice bow and we found a bunch of smallies on a reef just crazy catchable. All too crazy to keep. Lots of fun, got wiperhunter2 sharpened up on tickling the bottom with plastic for them. Definitely a refresher on a fighting fish. Looked like the walleye fleet was very active with spotty results. I think here again experience = fish. Both lakes definitely raised my fun meter a fair amount and made me cautiously optimistic about coming back for more. Experience+luck=fish.
[signature]
sounds like a blast! this time of year the cutts are moving into the tribs to spawn I could show you a creek that should be loaded, but the creek should be closed but have caught allot by jigging the lake side of the creek bed. fishing will pick up for the cutts next month.always done well in July up there. I always just release them so they can do there thing.
[signature]
Sounds like a good trip. The deer is actually pretty normal for this time of year. When they shed their winter coat they can look real sickly for a couple weeks.
[signature]
We live in AZ at Lake Havasu and are headed to Strawberry Bay on the 20th with the 5th wheel and kayaks. Should get there on the 21st for 2 weeks of fishing and camping. I am glad to here the action is picking up. I have a couple of Pointers. What colors were you using? Any suggestion? Also looking at Soldier Creek and Starvation. Thanks for any help you can give me.
[signature]