Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 9-13 (I got a Muskie!)
Headed out to pineview again from 2:30 till 8:00. The wind was howling and the waves were rolling. The white caps were pretty though. The smallie fishing was slower than usual. I'm sure it had to do with the wind which was stirring up the bottom quite a bit. The water clarity was very poor. It was just as bad as Williard. Managed to land around 6 smallies and 1 muskie all on 3" Senkos.

Here is my largest smallie of the day. Average fish
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=659;]

Now for the fiesta resistance. Check out this Monster Muskie!!!
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=658;]

Not bad heh!!! LOL. This Killer weighed in at about 3 ounces and a full 8" tall. I'd like to see you guys beat that record fish!!! [Tongue]. Cute little guy I must admit.

Happy fishing,

Al

[size 2]Great pics!!! Just sizing them down for you, Teroy[/size]
[signature]
Way to go !! I seen some of those little ones up by the narrows .
[signature]
way to go al !!!!

chris
[signature]
Way to go Hustler at least you caught one and nice smally. I've never seen one that small in Pineview, I wonder if they just planted it? WH2
[signature]
hey a musky is a musky. It's one under your belt.now that I've said that I'm going to poke fun at you. lol now fall time is the time of year that the real big ones are caught. not the real small ones. lol just kidding It's good to see the fish that they planted this year are doing good to me itlooks like this year plant, but it could be last year's also. ok now remember fall is big fish time. way to go
[signature]
Congratulations Al and welcome to the muskie club. Thats a fine looking muskie. Where were you fishing at? I should of seen you up there we trolled around pineview at lease three times or more.
[signature]
Mike,

I was in the narrows on the South side. The date should read 9-12, I was there yesterday, Friday. I had my eyes open for you thinking that you may have head out there on friday night. A few boats did pass by but didn't see yours. They need to learn the meaning of the word "wakeless"! Did you have any luck?

Al
[signature]
My mistake Al. I was at pineview Thursday and Saturday and got skunked both days. Call or pm me next time you go up there. You can reach me any time during the day at 801-554-6866.
[signature]
I'll do that Mike. I just finished reading this article on "grinding" up Muskie. It's a form of Spinnerbait presentation where you run a large spinner through the nastiest of cover like the stalk of weed beds where the Muskies would be hiding. Wondering if you or anyone else has tried this and if there are weeds and other structure at Pineview. I have never been out of the narrows.[crazy]
[signature]
I have never tried it. The water is lower than the weeds all there is to fish is the sand bars and rocky shore lines. You will have to wait untill next spring and there will be plenty of weed beds. There seems to be alot more weeds growing with this low water. When I fish the weeds I cast as close as I can to the edge of the weeds or in the openings in the weeds. Casting diretly into them with the lures I use I would get snagged up for sure.
[signature]
nice catch i'm still trying for the first one I think that I'm on cast 2,784 but who's counting.
[signature]
you should of had at least 2 by now[sly]
[signature]
NOTHING I AM HOPING TO GET OUT THERE AGAIN THIS WEEK SOMETIME. MAYBE I'LL GET LUCKY.
[signature]
well i might be mistaken but for a small muskie like that to be in there that means they just planted it or the tigers evolved and are reproducing hmmm. either way thats the coolest lookin muskie i have evern seen cute little tike.
[signature]
sure thats a musky al kinda looks like a long skinny perch LOL wish i could have been there to see the look of surprize when you pulled that big boy in chris
[signature]
Impresive Al. I hope I can get into one some day. Although I do hope it is a bit bigger. Yes I am greedy.
[signature]
well it's biiger than any of the muskie that i have landed. been three or four times still haven't got one to the boat.[Wink]
[signature]