Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelly Pond 6/14
After a disappointing finding at Chester Dam I headed toward home and went to Shelly Pond. Managed to hook a brown about 16" long on a marabou jig, which was then lost at the bank when I tried to grab it without hooking myself. A few minutes later I hooked a smallmouth that my son reeled in on a rapala. I estimate it at about 1.5-2# range. Overall, not too bad other than the excessive mileage for it.
[signature]
Holy crap, I was there with my family today and saw a guy walking out around 7:45pm carrying what I was sure was a smallmouth. Pretty big from the look of it. That be you?

I'd been arguing with a buddy of mine about how there can't possibly be any bass this far up the river system and I'll believe it when I see it...I guess I believe it now!
[signature]
wasn't me. We were out of there about 430 pm. I know for a fact there are smallies in Gem Lake a little further upstream, and I've heard one rumor of one being caught above Ashton Res a few years ago, but it's only one claim so far. I wouldn't be surprised to find them as far as the Osgood area though.
[signature]
This guy was fishing up by the point where the water comes in I'm pretty sure. Saw his truck there when I pulled up, but didn't see him until he came walking back a few hours later. Where did your son catch his?

You've got me all excited, lol.
[signature]
Very nice smallie. I need to do some exploring I have never caught one this far up river.

Windriver
[signature]
There are smallies from throughout the Snake system. They just keep expanding their range.
[signature]
I k ow I was shocked a few years ago landing a 19" smallie out of the diversion dam by the truck stop. I was told they are planting a bunch all up and down the river....good game fish.
I remember fishing Rose Ponds once and you could see monster trout. They back?
[signature]
Rose pond is now Rose Lake . The guy that lives at the end of the road can't get to his place . Most people catch planter trout and a perch once in a while . They planted trout in Jensens Grove and I wish they would't have . I wish they would have put them in Rose Pond and left Jensens Grove for the Water Skiers . Curt G.
[signature]
Hey, where is shelly's pond, if I may ask? Thanks.
It is just straight across the road from North Bingham County Park . Or if you don't know where that is . Go to the light in Shelley , There is only one . Turn west and drive until you get to the river bridge . It is on the right side of the road just before you get to the bridge . Curt G.
[signature]
Hey Thanks! I appreciate the info.![Smile]
[signature]
Speaking of Shelley Pond, went out there this evening and left right before it started raining, but Jeana caught a decent sized brown! 20" long and weighing in at 1lb even.

She'll be dinner tomorrow night.

[inline spjbrown1.jpg]

[inline spjbrown2.jpg]
[signature]
That's a nice brown! Good catch![fishon]