Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henrys in July
Hi all. Madfisher55 from Utah here. Planing a 4 day mid week trip to Henry's Mid July this year. Looking for info on what to expect the conditions mid July normally to be? Will fish from a single seat pontoon with a battery and motor.

The last time I was there I was too young to remember much except the really big fish my granddad caught.

Thanks for any and all info.

Mark
[signature]
By mid July the vegetation will be to the surface or just subsurface. Look for springs (you will feel the colder water on your feet), to fish. The local guides drag chains through the moss beds opening up fish ambush highways that are also great areas to fish!
[signature]
I agree with MM. No trolling so to speak, unless you can find the paths. I know Bill dredged, but does he still do it? Or is there other guys pulling the chains?

You will find some spots, but the fish do like that cover. I think it will be tough, but I am sure you will remember it.
[signature]
This year you might be surprised . Everything is about a month behind Tuesday morning when I got up it was 28 degrees . The rain from the night before was froze . Henry's is full and cold . The sun light has to reach the moss to make it grow , and when it is deep like it is this year, it will grow a little slower . Like was said earlier if you can find the springs when the water temp starts climbing , thats where the fish will be . Curt G
[signature]
I would buy Bills Schiess book so at least you know where the deeper parts of the lake are at that time of year. Things change from year to year, but the major holes are about the same.

Windriver
[signature]