Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float Tubing In Huntington Harbor
Has anyone ever done any tubing in huntington harbor. I have fished there a lot off of the sea wall and catch quite a bit; Sand Bass, Spotfin Croaker, Halibut, Sand Sharks, rays,etc. Is fishing from the float tube pretty good, cause I'm thinking of tubing there.
[signature]

Hey there BFFG,

There's lots of guys that float tube/fish the Big Salty and lots of them visit this board. There's lots of information in our archives if you don't find anything current.

Besides, the more you learn how to search out your interests on a wide information base, the more you also become a source for others. I learn lots by doing a little foot work on my own both for who's asking and myself.

There's tons of information here and out there too. Lots of yours and my answers to questions we ain't even thought of asking are already answered in what's avaliable on the web. Wax on, Wax off, fellow grasshoppper.

JapanRon
[signature]
[size 2]I have fished there for years. Important to watch tides. They can be very strong through there.[/size]

[size 2] Good place to launch is off Edinger and Bolsa. Go west on Edinger from Bolsa until you see a bridge you would cross, turn left at the street before that and drive all the way to the bottom.[/size]

[size 2] There is a free parking lot between 5:30am-10pm you can launch from. [/size]

[size 2] Use live smelt, squid and plastics. I wouldn't waste time with dead anchovies. Head toward grasssy areas and toss those areas.[/size]

[size 2] Lots of bass and halibut.[/size]

[size 2]Good luck[/size]
[signature]
Thanks fishfather, for the info. Your post on float tube anchors helped soved my problem of staying still. Can I pick up live smelt at Norms bigfishtackle?
[signature]
[size 2]Not likely. Best bet is set out alittle earlier and hit that bridge off Edinger before you make the left to park.[/size]

[size 2] I saw several guys catching live bait there. Sabaki rig, bucket and an aerorator.[/size]

[size 2] get a scoop of saltwater and start aerorator. Then start chumming with bread. After about 5-10 minutes you will see them school up. Then start catching![Wink][/size]
[signature]
thanks for the advice fishfather, I didnt know you could get em to school with bread. The aerator I had broke so I have to look for a ne one. [:/]
[signature]
[size 2]Rick's Bait and Tackle in LB sells a good one called [/size][size 2]" Mr. Bubbles " runs about $20. Uses 2 D battteries with 80 hours of operation!!![shocked][/size]

[size 2] Takes alittle while with bread, roll into small balls then drop into water, not to small or they will eat them whole![Wink][/size]

[size 2] After about 10 or so balls they will usually school up. If you get some cheap shrimp at store and put small amounts on hook that will help too.[/size]

[size 2] Once they school and go into frenzy they won't even notice[cool][/size]
[signature]
80 hrs is a long time, with that kind of run time I wouldnt need to carry any spare batteries.[Smile]
[signature]
[size 2]Exactley. Plus by catching them closer there is less of a chance of them dying before you can use them[Wink][/size]
[signature]
theyre also free[Smile]
[signature]