Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC Luck?
Hey Guys,

I have fished EC 2x in my life....both times from shore. I am looking to take the boat there in the next week or so and was wondering if any of you EC'ers would share some tips for trolling the bows. Depths, Lures, etc. My "rig" is as low tech as they come, but I do have a finder and rod holders...no down riggers, boards, divers or the like. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time. [fishin]
[signature]
trolling for bows with nothing to get lures dow? make sureyou fish early while fish are on the surface
[signature]
Alright. Yeah, I thought that it may be hard without something to maintain the lures down deeper, but I thought I'd give it a shot. At DC it seems like the fish are within the top 15' anyways... I was hoping for the same at EC.
[signature]
[#000050]One way you can target Bows at East Canyon is with flashers (pop gear) and a worm or lure. Add a 3/4 oz weight to the rudder, go back about 100' behind the boat and you will be in the 20-25' depth range if you troll about 1 MPH.[/#000050]
[signature]
I have caught hundreds of fish at EC long lining rapalas,luckycrafts,panter martins. Also with 1oz in line weights flashers and a worm. I have downriggers and never use them at EC.
[signature]
Don't for get the bass!

Throw Rapala's and or Jig's towards the rocky shorelines with a slow retrieve....
[signature]
have been up there twice in the last month and I have had fair luck. 1st trip I caught 7 Bows and the 2nd trip we caught 4. Most of the fish were caught ona broken back shad rap in firetiger color. and a few were caught off of a firetiger walleye worm harness rig with 11/2 oz. of weight. All were planters but still fun and my kids had a ball.
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]My boat is loaded up with all the fun toys one could ever want but none is needed at EC. The only thing you’ll need is a string of pop-gear “I like silver with a little prizm tape” and a diving rapala. I had great luck last year with the blue and silver original “I use the smaller one, 2” and the ice blue and clear glass rap. Best of luck, but leave a couple for my smoker![/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the advice. I will leave you plenty I am sure.[Wink]
[signature]