Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Fun
My son took me to school last night at Willard. I guess I should be flattered, but the skunk always stinks. Got there about 5 and headed west from south marina. Not long into the trip my boys pole bent with a nice heavy three and half pound wiper, the largest of the evening. He followed up with a 19 inch walleye. One more 3 pound wiper went to the fish well for a fish dinner. My student then added two more wipers about 3 pounds apiece to the catch total but released them.
I don't believe he had any remorse for skunking his Dad cause Dad usually holds his own. The water temps varied from 71 to 73 degrees. Fish were caught on shad raps and rapalas at aprox. 3 mph. A slight breeze turned into a heavy blow about 8 pm.
[signature]
It seems like the bite may be starting to settle out from the past weeks of hit and miss. We talked to another fishermen there that had two nights in a row success. Hopefully some steady weather is in the future making for some consistent catching.

Successful students usually have extraordinary teachers...Thanks Dad, I had a great time!!!
[signature]