Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL, Electric, and Huntington
Had a little bit of a break this week and made it out fishing a couple of times. Tuesday headed down to Utah Lake with my brother and we each took our 4 year old boys. We all had a good time at the Knolls, but the fishing wasn't the greatest. Wound up with a cat and a white bass for the day. The boys had a great time out in the boat so that's what matters most I guess.

Thursday went down home and talked my Dad and other brother into riding up Fairview Canyon to try some of the lakes up there. Went down by the damn at Electric and could catch anything and about gone blown away. Water is as high as I've ever seen it. First time I ever remember see it going over the over-flow. The water is also very stained.

We towed the little boat up with us and decided to launch it in the 50 yards of open water down by the damn at Huntington. We saw lots of fish stacked up in about 50 feet of water, but apparently they all have lock jaw. I did wind up catching a couple, with the biggest about 16 inches. There is about 30-40 feet of open water most of the way around the lake. The remaing ice/sluch is all rotten and should be gone fairly soon if the weather stays warm.

It's been great to get out fishing this week. Now I just need to work on the catching. Sorry no pics. I get so excited to get out that I usually wind up forgetting the camera.
[signature]
Thanks for the report too bad you didnt get into them heavy up there . I am probably going up there tomorrow weather pending.
[signature]
Thanks for the blended report. Ice still? Um, what month is this? Man this year's crazy! Had a dinner across our little happy valley Thur night, and was floored at the flooding across CacheValley basin. I've seen high water years in the past 20 I've been here, but this has GOT to be the tops!

It can only get better, right?!