Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late LATE LATE PV Report 6-8-11
Ya i know this is almost 2 weeks late but i thought i would share the pics of my nice smallie. Well we fished from 4 til 915pm for muskie had two hook ups between the two of us and lost both, utcatman hooked "the one" and it spit the hook, we were able to watch it fly out of the water and do a head shake and watch the lure come flying out, big big big fish!!!! BUMMER! Had a bunch of follows and saw some huge ones sunning but couldn't land one to save our lives. Well the last hr i went into desperation mode, so to get the skunk off the boat i started to threw the go to j-13 firetiger, sure enough I stuck this nice smallie back in the trees.

Sadly still running muskieless for the 2011 season. Enjoy the pics sorry for the late report
[signature]
Very nice smallie.. there are some big smallmouth's in that lake. Just got to find them. Utcatman is a very good fisher from what i have been told.. Keep up the good fishing. tight lines..
Pineviewfisher
[signature]
thanks, and yes there are some hogs in there both smallies and largies, just gotta find em and throw something they want. UTCATMAN is a great fisherman for being a youngsta, like bill dance said about becoming a better fisherman "to become a better fisherman one must fish as much as possible, try new things, and fish with people who know what they are doing so you can learn from them" I have been fishing with Joeski aka UTCATMAN and i have learned a lot and we have caught some nice fish.

Here are some of our big smallies and decent lmbs from last season
[signature]
Well thanks for the words broski! !!!! Here are a few more from our pv fishing colabs - [Image: 2011-05-15144914.jpg]
[Image: 1306935661367.jpg]
Here's pops with a monster
[Image: 2010-10-08080837.jpg]
and another ..[Image: 2010-10-08075741.jpg]
here ya go Bryce ..[Image: 2010-10-10085037.jpg]
Another ..
[Image: 2010-10-03162737.jpg]
My biggest tiger last yr...
[Image: 100_0678.jpg]
[signature]
Better Nate than Lever.
Great post man! No surprise - again you guys got that lake dialed in! Nice to know it's warming enough to get the fish active. That's tough missing them - but at least they threw the hook, rather than breaking off.

Kewl that you got a chance to SEE the biggun before it's long-line-release. Can only get better right?
Any sign of Crappie? Guess that's not what you were targetting. Seems like the Newton Musky are getting busy, but that lake probably warms quicker than the View.

Wouldn't worry to apologize for a late report, especially such an encouraging one. Happy Summer!
That's a great smallie, How many inches? Looks to be over 18.
[signature]
Nice fish Wildcat! You guys really have that place pegged! I've been out the last several weekends and done pretty well, but with no real pattern. So far the biggest this year was an 18.5" smallie. What colors have been working the best for you?
[signature]
my biggest so far this year is just a little over 20 inches and weigher 4.05lbs the most recent one on 6-8 was prolly around 18.5 to 19 inches, she was thick and pounded the j-13 firetiger i was throwing for the muskies
[signature]
This year has been off, all my bigger smallies have been while throwing big jerkbaits and cranks for muskies, its weird cuz this years theme seems to go like " when we are throwing big stuff for muskies we catch bass and when fishing for bass we catch or hook into the muskies".

Once the water clears and the lake settles down i think things will hopefully pick up. Me and Utcatman covered a lot of shoreline last night from 445pm til 10. The first 5 minutes joe hooked into a real big 5 to 7lb lmb on a crank but she jumped right out of that lake and throw her middle fin and that crank right back at us. Not five or six casts later he hooks into another lmb, thought for sure things were gonna be good. Bad guess, moved to the otherside of the lake and i was questioning about if anything would be where we were fishing and no joke sure enough i get blown up on and hook into a nice muskie, throwback again and this time the hook landed in its mouth, fight on well my baitcaster was set for bass and this muskie screamed drag and rain for cover and actually jumped out of the water into a tree then wrapped itself deep, she was still hooked and i was able to get her moving with my 14 lb pline flouro but just as she came out from the tree once last run and she was gone.

Well still muskie less for the season, we do what we do best and kept on keeping on. I was pissed to lose two in a row and joe got distracted when something blew up on him and sure enough he misseed it. Well we fished til we couldnt see anymore and left the lake skunked!

OH WELL NEXT TIME
[signature]
Good info man. Well this year I have yet to hook a LMB at the view, but I know there are some good good ones in there. The weekend before last I was able to hook into a 40" muskie which tops my overall best for muskies. Let see if I can top my overall best for LMB at the view this year! Good fishing and we'll see you out on the water!
[signature]
well looks like i work to dam much.. you guys stealing all my fish.. haha. good job on all the big ol'fish, Maybe i will see you guys there.. tight lines. Pineviewfisher
[signature]