Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willow park and pond
any tips for this lake first time coming up looking for cats if possiable please help
[signature]
Sorry if this is a bit late, but I just saw your post. I dont know how much luck you will have in that pond for cats. It is pretty darn small. Honestly if you had a good arm you could probably throw a baseball across at any point. Anyhow, I was there recently. You can see fish swimming everywhere (mostly trout) but they dont bite much. I was there for a few hours throwing everything I could think of and the only thing that got any attention was a Panther Martin. Of course, I got tangled in the mess that is that pond and lost it. If you are looking for cats, I would say hit the Bear River.
[signature]
[fishon]
Jdawg is right. That is just a little local zoo pond. Few planters of trout in there......you might be mistaken on the pond. Maybe there are cats in there. But to give you an idea i cast across it last time i was there and snagged the other bank....and I wasn't even trying!!
[signature]
Maybe I am talking a different willow park pond but the one just off I-215 around 60th south isnt as small as some other community ponds. They do stock catfish in it during the warm summer months. It gets a lot of pressure from the locals but you can usually catch catfish with traditional baits. It does get a lot of weed growth in it as the water warms. Not sure if they have started stocking cats yet. Might look at the stocking report on the DWR web site
[signature]
I think we are talking different ones. The one that lunker and I are referring to is just West of the WIllow Park Zoo. They have the zoo there, 3 or 4 baseball diamonds, a nice playground for the kids, batting cages, and just north of the batting cages and playground is the pond. It is a mossy mess with trees that hang over the only parts of the pond that are not caked in moss!
[signature]