Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard's outlet
Anyone ever fish Willard outlet? Went there last Saturday and the water going into the Salt Lake was high and fast.
Saw a few peps with Wipers on there stringer so we walked on down past the crowds where the water was calmer and started casting.
My Grand son using a worm on the bottom caught a nice Wiper in the 2 to 3 lb range. My cast masters and curly tailed grubs didint get any bites although.
My question is this water fishable through the summer or just when Willar is maxed out water wise?
Does it have any Catfish in it or is the water to salty most of the year?
Fishing there reminded me of years past when I fished coastal rivers for Salmon ans steelhead. There is a good current flowing, And fishing requires bouncing your bait on the bottom.
[signature]
[#000050]toadly[/#000050]

""My question is this water fishable through the summer or just when Willard is maxed out water wise? ""

[#000050]You can fish it thru the summer but it will become very calm and dirty. The wipers are not usually in there very heavy but because of water flow there are a few more in there this year.
[/#000050]
""Does it have any Catfish in it or is the water to salty most of the year? ""

[#000050]Yes it does have catfish mostly mud's but I have caught a few cookie cutter cats in there. I have fished several nights hoping that forgoten 20lber in with no results. other than a few fat carp.[/#000050]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050]I have also fished it from my duck boat and drifted the canal out to the flats and only caught muds, carp and a couple wipers. Although I am not going to complain about landing some carp in the 15pnd plus range[Wink]. I was once checked by a sherrif out there at night (he saw my glow in the dark catfish rods and came to investigate) after a talking with the sherriff he told me there is alot of drug dealing and shading things going on back there in the middle of the night and to be carefull?? so just a heads up, I always have a little freind on my hip named Walther just in case.[/#000050]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050]Hope this helps[/#000050]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050]Deeds[/#000050]
[#000050][/#000050]
[signature]