Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bullwinkle Saga Continues (Not a Fishing Post) OT
Well, no monster bullWinkle yet but it's gonna happen. Went to where the big boy was supposed to be opening day of the moose hunt and couldn't get him. I could hear him smashing around in the black timber, but he didn't get big by being stupid. Saw a lot of cows first day but no antlers. Four miles in and four out at just under 11,000 feet (puff puff puff). Went on a much easier hunt this morning and passed on one small and one medium bull. I hope I don't regret it. Going back in on the long hike at 4:00 am monday. This is work now, but it's a labor of love LOL. Had to come out this afternoon because K2 has school in the am. He will be upset if I harvest one when he's not there. Promised I would pull him out of school to help pack if I get one down. This lad is a natural and makes me proud. Thought I'd share a couple pics with you. I will update you on wednesday. Thanks for all the support folks. Till then.

Good Moose Hunting, Kayote

The Motley Crue at timberline.

[Image: l51760.jpg]

K2 on the job.

[Image: l51759.jpg]

A little guy we passed on. You have to look close (lousy camera). He's the dark spot in the center LMAO.

[Image: l51758.jpg]

Passed this one coming home today. Nice, but no cigar. Would have been hard to pass up though. Good luck to him.

[Image: l51757.jpg]
[signature]
Hey K,

Didn't know you had a premit, congrats on the tough draw. Keep being patient, you'll find the big one soon enough. It will be worth waiting for. Good luck tomorrow, and let us know how you do.
[signature]
Awesome pictures. When you finally get your bull you need to tell us where the picttures were taken. Looks like great hunting country. Thanks.

m
[signature]
Where did you draw out at, and where are you hunting??? I put in every year for the Daggett County region for Moose and still no go, hopefully I am building up enough preferrence points to eventually get lucky!!!!
[signature]
[Smile] Nice Moose there.
[signature]
So did you ever get BullWinkle?
[signature]