Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grizz or brownie?
I've been having a few bears hit my bait and this bear is stumping me and a few of my buddies. Do you guys think it is a grizz or a brownie?
[signature]
Black Bear , Shoot it I would . Curt G.
[signature]
Most definitely not a grizz. Look at the face, it's not dished in looking at all, a grizz face is going to look almost flat. A black bear face looks more like a dog's face with a longer skinnier snout than a grizz. You know a grizz when you see it, they are huge and imposing looking critters. Good looking bear though, give him the sleeping pill for sure!
[signature]
I agree! Not a grizzly. Sure would look great on a floor or wall though!!! [sly][sly]
[signature]
definantly a black bear hard to say how big he is as i have nothing in the picture to reference him to but i would say that that is a really good sized bear and i think you need to shoot him. the colors are awesome. keep us posted if with what goes on with him.
[signature]
[quote tob04002]I've been having a few bears hit my bait and this bear is stumping me and a few of my buddies. Do you guys think it is a grizz or a brownie?[/quote]

Not sure if you are actually asking what you think you are asking. First off, when you say "Brownie", I think you mean "Brown bear" which is the same thing as a "Grizzly". Which makes your question kind of vague. If by "Brownie" you mean brown phase of a Black Bear, then yes. It is a brownie.

So to answer your question directly, no, it is not a Grizz or a Brownie. It is a brown phase (chocolate) Black Bear. Looks like a nice one too! I'd shoot him. Compare him with these first 2 pictures. You'll see he is the same. The compare him with the real Brownies/Grizzlies in the 2nd 2 pictures and and you'll see his is very different.
[signature]