Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fished Willard in a boat 09/14/03 Report
Muskyhunter and I fished Willard this afternoon in his boat. Launched from the north marina, drove right out through the channel and launched were the buoy use to be. Water temp was 70 degree when we started a little after 4pm, trolled west along the north dike all the way past the light pole to the S/W corner and no fish. Water was 13 feet deep at the deepest spot south of the light pole. We trolled toward the island from the S/W corner and then about halfway there we turned north, I'm not sure how far we went but Muskyhunter caught a 15 or 16 inch wiper using his special jig combo. That's a new trick to and to my list of things to try. Well that was it but it was good to be out on the Bay again, we trolled back to the light pole and then headed toward the marina. MH marked at least one big group of shad and the pelicans were having a feast as they gulped down the shad by the marina. Great afternoon on the lake, thanks Muskyhunter, I really enjoyed getting out there with you and chasing those wipers. Here's a couple of pictures so you guys can see how low the water is, not the best photo but you can get the idea. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Thanks WH2 and MH for giving it the good old college try. We've all been wondering just what it would be like if we were actually able to get a boat out there.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Did you have to drag the boat off the trailer? Was getting stuck a big worry?[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey Coot,the ground is pretty solid so you should have no problems.After WH2 backed the trailer in to the water I just pushed the boat of and we were out of there,the water is deep enough where we launched that I only got wet up to the middle of my shins and WH2 just stepped right in with out getting wet,it worked pretty slick!!Thanks for the great company WH2 it was good to meet you and your welcome to fish with me "anytime"!!M.H.
[signature]
it appears to me the water is coming up just a bit. i checked the water out the other day and it seems to be filling up a hair. this might be a sign of a trend for hopefully the height of was is the expected wiper season.
[signature]