Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard with the girls
Took my wife and 12yr old sis out to the pond last night after work looking to find some of those elusive bass that get so much affection and frustration from me. Started trolling north out of the south marina about 6:30 and made it well into freeway bay without a nibble so we stopped to drift and let the girls swim a bit. Bugs were there but not overwhelming. Trolled back south and the wife got hit on her rattle trap and got the little bugger to the boat only to have him spit the crank back at her. Oh well, I got skunked 9 out of 10 times (literally) last year so I don't go up there with real high expectations any more.
Continued past the marina and WHAM she got smashed again! This one made it all the way in and was a 17" fattie that put up an incredible fight and put a big Smile on a non-fisherwomans face. "I'll be converted if I get another one of those!" she says to me. Five minutes later she got blindsided by another wiper that about pulled her out of the boat. The look on her face as that fish tried to break my rod was priceless and I've been smiling ever since! After a fight only a wiper can produce she landed that one too and we headed back to the truck.
I was feeling kinda bad that my little sis didn't get anything and she was pouting a bit but lo and behold a hundred yards outside the marina she got hit hard! This one ended up being a 17" walleye and put a Big Grin on her face and closed out a great trip. We caught fish trolling 3ish mph and on a shad rattle trap and a white/silver rapala. Good eating tonight as all the fish were VERY healthy, it amazes me how bulky a 17" wiper is and we all can't wait to get back there![inline downsized950622012105.jpg][inline downsized950622012037a.jpg][inline downsized950622012127a.jpg]
[signature]
Glad the ladies had a nice trip, they are converts now I would say. [fishin]
[signature]
nice job on the wipers and the walleye, your lil lady and lil sis will be hooked, willard has been hit or miss but looks like things are gonna start picking up! GOOD JOB
[signature]
My off Friday tomorrow I will be there in the A.M.
[signature]
Your success ration has surged ahead of mine. Good job. Great Smiles on your gals!
[signature]
hopefully it only gets better as things go on! Fishing boils is by far my favorite way to fish and with the caliber of fish in that pond this august should be good [Smile] can't wait!
[signature]