Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
persistance pays!! big PV musky
Fished da view with Bryce ( wildcat) this afternoon in search of his first musky of the season, it has been a rough spring for us on the musky this yr, and especially been tough on bryce. After many trips, hookups, follows and teases he finally stuck and boated his first this season! And it was also his biggest ever!!!!

After the first three hours of fishing without a follow we decided we had to make a move and figure out where they were at... and boy did we find em!! Once we got into them they were stacked pretty thick in small areas! I personally had 3 Follows and 1 blowup and a boatside whack on my bait in the first 50 yards of water... Bryce also had a whack and a follow as well ..

As the sun was fading I had an explosive strike on my subsurface bait I got her boated and it was a gnarly 42 incher! Kinda skinny but still a riot ..
[Image: 6-23-11-1.jpg]

Bryce was stoked for me, but he was Definitely ready for his... well not even 4 casts after I got mine the water erupted on his bait and it was fight on!!!! He was in panic mode not to lose another musky this season, due to the fact that he has probably hooked atleast 10 this yr and ALL have come unbuttoned !!! We boated the giant and it was the biggest of his life.. and here's a lil proof! This fish was 44 and thick!!! enjoy! !
[Image: pv_06-23-11.jpg]
[Image: pv_-6-23-11.jpg]
[signature]
OMG those looks os fun to catch! NIce fish! I have to come to PV and figure out how to catch those!
[signature]
Sounds like there were some pics and you took them off, what happened to them? I wanna see! [bobhappy]
[signature]
[fishon]
Really nice fish you guys. Those things could literally swallow my child!!!! SWEET Catch both of you!
[signature]
They are definitly worth the hours and hours put in! !
[signature]
Tell you what, they say fish of 10,000 casts i went 8 trips and prolly 100,000 casts before i landed one in the 2011 season. I have hooked 10 to 12 this year but i guess your supposed to fish with a hook, well last night i didnt forget the hooks lol. Well worth 8 muskieless trips. Fun fun fun
[signature]
Well I guess if you would have caught a 30 something incher, maybe the 8 muskieless trips would have still left a bad taste in your mouth. But after catching a hog 44 incher, whatever trips you had in the past don't make much difference now.

Sick fish Bryce. And not too shaby Joe (kind of funny to say that for a 42 incher).
[signature]
Nice fish! Looks like they've moved up into the flooded brush. I fished the view from shore on Wednesday, only caught one tiny smallmouth. Saw a ton of carp spawning though.
sweet fish boys!!!! 1 question top water bite on yet? my sons favorite fish to hunt. need to get him out soon. thanx for any onfo you want to share. a pm would be best rather than on the open forum. ken[Wink]
[signature]
Awesome report fellas. So whose boat did you take? That first lure looks just like some I've got - double jointed big fat rattlers. Kewl - I gotta get pitching!
I can feel your pain - the anguish of - oh man - it got off!!! But darn it all if it don't just make you want to get at 'em again! (frickin' adrenalin addiction! What can you say?!)

Haven't been after the toothers much yet myself this year, but sounds like I oughta be trying! You two are nothing if not persistent! Getting to know a water, and the fish-patterns that work. I swear I'm floored by those big fat smallies you consistently land. Thanks for sharing your successes - very inspiring! Those beasts offer some excitement, no doubt!

Gotta get more time on the water! Might hit Newton Sunday - see what the 'ol girl has to offer now that [#ffff00]spring[/#ffff00]/summer is here! Mantua is on tomorrow for sure.
We take bryces bass tracker always... my 12fter is for when I'm rollin solo or fishin For some bear river action!
[signature]
Rock and Roll.. that is a beautiful musky... One day i will be fishing pineview on a boat. been out a few times.. always from shore.. still awesome to land a monster of a fish.. congrats Pineviewfisher...
[signature]
I'm determined to get one bigger than last year this year (was a roughly 20 inch yearling that took me all summer to get). I am also determined to do it from the tube since i don't own a boat and shore fishing is never kind to me there. I have been out a few times this year with not even a nibble so far, but persistance pays so I hear.
Congrats on the nice fish and if you ever see an old blue VW truck there come say hello, I will be on the water (usually sring creek area) in the blue fc4.
[fishin]
[signature]
Will do!! Spring creek is a great area to target... keep on em and you WILL stick one.
[signature]