Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay evening tour.
Went in at the south marina about 6 pm for a little fishing fix. Went out around the island then back along the south dam. It was looking like bugs and skunk but we found some wipers and walleye that were willing to bite. Caught 4 small walleye and 3 wipers between 21 and 23 inches long along with 1 that was small maybe 18 in. After a little picture taking they were let go. The bugs are getting bad and mosquito repellent is a plus to have. The sun and evening was really nice. A great sunset. We headed in at dark just as a fairly brisk wind kicked up. We trolled with mostly cranks baits with blue on them.
[signature]
Holy heck you just sealed the deal I need to get the old lady on a wiper tomorrow been planning for it all week. I actually have never caught one either so I hope the lime bandit will pull through a stellar day of fishing tomorrow
[signature]
Looks like a great setup you've got there, and it'd paid off for ya. Glad to hear the warm weather is finally getting some fish going.
Thanks for the post - and another inspirational to 'dusk off the skunk-suit', and give the 'ol girl another change to "spit 'em up!"