Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lakers
It seems as though this year will bring a late year for lakes to hump up. On this note, my friend is fishing the gorge wednesday and wants to know if they have started to hump up. I have not made it out thus far to let him know (work and a new baby help aid in keeping me home). Does anyone know the laker status? I will be fishing the 5th of July for post spawn smallies and lakers.
[signature]
Um, they're pretty much always "humped up." That's where they usually hang out, on the humps. Nothing is late around here. Water temp is in the mid-60's and climbing rapidly. There's lakers scattered all up and down the pond, easy to find in all the usual places, though not in the stacked numbers of previous years.
[signature]
We fished linwood bay today and really had no luck seeing them stacked. We caught one pup, but other than that we only had luck with rainbows! Caught a few nice ones by Eagle Creek and Carter Creek. No luck with bass either! I know something is wrong if I cant catch a smallie!
[signature]
It's WAY too early for Linwood. August is when they start to stack in there.
[signature]
Me and my wife caught a bunch of smallies in Carter creek last weekend, We were throwing small tube jigs.
[signature]
Thanks for your help. Still deciding where to go. I usually fish the maks later fall and winter. Bringing a few friends and they really want fish. I am just not sure where to go? Does anyone have a really good idea where the most concentration of lakers is at the moment? I have the small mouth covered. Any help would be awesome. Thanks
[signature]
Anvil to antelope.
[signature]