Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 9/11
Went to Pineview right from work. Got on the water at about 5pm. Few boats but a lot of wind. The coworker that I took with me showes up and it was like somebody posted earlier he showes up with his $20 pole with the tip broke off and a box that is smaller than my 5 year old boys. But guess what? Sure enough he caught the Muskey. I didn't have a tape, but he did, a 24 inches tape. So I measured off the 24" and added another 16" with the second measurement. Not an exact science but close. It was right at about 40". I only had my film camera. I will post a pic when I get them back.
[signature]
At least you saw one and had the pleasure of handling it![Wink] How were you fishing (trolling, casting,ect.) and what lures were you using? I got a $20 combo I purchased from Wallmart and I use that for Catfish. It works fine nothing wrong with it except that the reel will probably crap out after a few big fish. I would need to use it for muskie also when I target them specifically.

It just goes to show you that the cheap equiptment will catch fish just as well as the top of the line stuff.
[signature]
What do you mean cheap catches them just as well as top of the line. It catches them better. I'm going back to the cheep stuff.

We were trolling and I was using a fire tiger shadwrap. Don't use that. My buddy had a #5 meps spiner with a coper blade.

Let me know when you can make it up Al and we will go.
[signature]
Sounds like a plan. It may not be till next week though.
[signature]