Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL Slam
Had another 4 species day today. This time at UL. launched my tube from Lindon boat harbor around 6 a.m. Water temp was just over 70. Headed north towards the reeds to see if I could find some cats to play with. They didn't disappoint as I caught 20+ cookie cutter cats in the reeds. Caught them on worm, white bass, and an assortment of jigs. Nothing over 20 inches but they all put up a good fight. I also found a good school of white bass and landed 20+ of those in a short time as well. I also found a couple of blue gill and a crappie mixed in them as well. I was off the water by 11 as I had to get to work. Didn't have the camera so no pics today. It was short but sweet trip today.
[signature]
I've been trying to get a crappie but can't keep the cats away. I'm jealous!
[signature]
is that an channel cat in that picture it is sure ugly!!!
[signature]
Yeeup, lol! It's a channel, 10lb. 9oz. of ugly catfish.
[signature]
That's a nice cat. I wouldn't complain too much if I could catch that instead of a small crappie. The crappie was a nice surprise though.
[signature]
[quote jamon_negro]That's a nice cat. I wouldn't complain too much if I could catch that instead of a small crappie. The crappie was a nice surprise though.[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Now he has caught an "open mouth" bass. The pic is of a nice largemouth. He was just funnin' about the catfish.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
OUCH! Looks like I should have headed there instead of Mantua today, although we didn't get out until the afternoon and the storm might have messed it up regardless. Had kids with me, and we caught a few fish, but NOTHING like 20 cats. They'd have freaked.
[signature]