Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 9/13/03 (report)
Went to Strawberry with One_eyed_jack and Party Hut. Sat all day watching OEJ out fish me!!![Sad] We first started in Mud Creek fishing the submerged weed beds, with quite a few bites and OEJ (of course [mad]) reeling about 3 in. That was in 20-25 feet of water fishing off the bottom. We then headed from Mud Creek toward the entrance to the narrows and drift fished in 75 feet of water. Was getting constant bites and landing a few Cutts all in the slot. They were mainly suspended and 40-50 feet. Between the 3 of us we landed about 10 fish all day. And had a superb lunch on PartyHuts party hut!!! OEJ has pics, hopefully he will post them!!!
[signature]
Thanks for the report PK, I thought the fishing would be better now that the weather is cooling but I guess it was still better than not getting out at all. What kind of lunch did you guys have? and what is a PH's party hut? Did OEJ ever get those photos? WH2
[signature]
The party hut is a 28 foot pontoon party barge made by Party Hut. the front has two padded bench like seats, a consul for driving a back booth type table and all these seats turns into beds, to make a total of 4 beds. It has a roof over the back bed, bathroom and kitchen.

[url "http://www.baymarine.com/30tracker_party.html"]http://www.baymarine.com/30tracker_party.html[/url]

We caught some nice rainbows that we fried up right there on the boat, can you say fresh!!! And really good, OEJ where are those pics????
[signature]
Tincanfsh and I tried to see you on Saturday, but I guess we can't spot such a small boat! We did see a boat that matched this description tied up in the marina at around noon. Maybe we need to get our eyes checked.
[signature]
Okay, okay, okay the pics are attached. Polo's report is right, I caught lunch every one else had a hard time buying a bite. But hey that is the way fishing works. By the way thank you very much Dennis for the awesome trip!

These will be in acouple posts, still need to setup my webspace and keep the darn pics there...
[signature]

[signature]

[signature]

[signature]
And last but not least the great crew on the PH sitting down to some grub. This is where we were at around noon, right at the mouth of mud creek, enjoying some fresh fish, burgers and beer; not to mention the awesome weather.
[signature]
Gotta be a well-coordinated cook to grill fish on that grill!!! LOL One false move and your meal ends up in the lake!
[signature]
That's what I was also thinking. At least you know the cook didn't drop the food on the floor and put it back on the stove.
[signature]
Nice set up and it even has a bathroom huh, well that must come in handy when drinks are being consumed. WH2
[signature]
[Smile] Did you guys happen to notice the duck population on strawberry ??

duck season is almost here, can't wait for the strawberry Oct. cast and blast thing. loads of fun. thanks. later chuck
[signature]
Most of the time when I have seen ducks at strawberry, they are usually in indian creek or the narrows. I only seen coots and the winged rat, the state bird on saturday in Mud creek
[signature]