Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for Monday
Looking for a place to get out with my 4 year old daughter on Monday afternoon to catch a few fish. I was hoping to drive up to one of the lakes on the Mirror Lake Highway, but time is not going to allow it.

She has been hitting me up for months to take her fishing, but with the late spring it has put off going to the places we like to go. Does anyone have any advice for a place within 45 minutes to an hour of Provo at the most where we can do some easy fishing? Size, species, etc isn't really all that important. We just want to go and catch some fish with the little gal who has been waiting patiently to go and catch some fish! I know most everywhere is going to be crowded, but have to take the chance to get her out when I can. And Monday is a day I can do it. Is Tibble Fork fishing well? Anything like it? Would love a place where we can sit on the shore and maybe the wife and the younger little one can hang out with us while we catch some fish.

Any pointers on where and what would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
[signature]
Cat's are biting at Utah Lake, worm under a bobber. Easy as pie.
[signature]
She loves to see the "whisker fish" in the tanks at Cabelas. Any locations to focus on maybe?

Thanks for the heads up. Any other ideas out there?
[signature]
Anywhere you can get to the water right now but the marinas are an easy place to fish, especially with kids. I've been fishing about 5-6' off the bank, closer if it's 3-4' deep next to the bank/concrete/rocks.
I don't know anywhere else that's close to you. Maybe Salem pond?
[signature]
My kids have enjoyed going to Lindon harbor with me. (ages 3,4, and 10) It is a nice child friendly place, with grass on the East side for the kids to run around in. Not many rocks and other hazards for the little ones to hurt themselves on and the fishing has been good-excellent for channel cats and nice panfish. Basic worm and bobber will work fine. Don't leave your fly rod at home either if the gills are hitting.
[signature]