Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snake South of I.F. Tuesday
Running late getting this posted, but it's been crazy at work! Either way I managed to get out and do some tubing without going to far. Caught a total of 6 bass. Shooter medic caught 2 bass and a sucker and lost something that we suspect was a trout but never got a good look at. Used crankbaits, spinners, and lead head grub jigs but the jigs never got a hit even. Hopefully it'll continue to pick up Bass ranged from 11" to 16" range..
[signature]
nice fish ! i see someone else likes flourescent line [Wink]
[signature]
Cool report...nice to see that others options close to home are opening up !!
[signature]
Those are some good smallmouths. It's great that you didn't have to travel too far. I know I am looking more and more at areas closer to home. Is the water still muddier or more cloudy than usual? Thanks for sharing!
[signature]
I am curious as to how far upstream the smallmouth population extends these days. I thought they ended around American Falls dam, but obviously that isn't the case.
[signature]
Water is still a bit off color. Wouldn't go so far as to call it muddy ( in most areas) but it sure isn't clear! As for how far north they extend up the river I've heard a single report 3-4 yrs ago of one caught upstream of Ashton dam, but it's the only report I've heard. More likely I've heard a few reports as far as the Osgood area, but I have yet to even check truly here in town yet. There do seem to be some good potential spots around snake river landing though!
[signature]
I've always wanted to try for some of those snake river smallies. Any idea of any specific spots or areas? not asking for anyones "sweet spot" but I would like to know a good general area to try. Also, what kinds of lures do you use? It looks like too much fun to not try out myself.
[signature]
try spinners and crankbaits around Shelly and Gem Lake areas. Have also heard in the river between Gem and Shelly
[signature]
Man there are always new places I need to try. Nice smallmouths.

The one looks like it may have dropped eggs. Are we to the post spawn stage yet?

Windriver
[signature]
I hit the same spot up in my tube with my son today.
[inline float1.jpg]

Tried fishing deep, nothing wanted anything to do with it. Caught this bass just a few feet from shore as I was coming in to hand my son off to my wife and other kiddos.
[inline float2.jpg]

Was fun, first time tubing, and I feel the need to do it again =).
[signature]
Is there something in the water behind your tube?
[signature]
My daughter's foot - didn't even notice it until you said it, lol.
[signature]
I never thought of it until I saw the pic, but do you need to wear a flotation device when you are floating around in your flotation device tube?
[signature]
Looked that up, and the answer is that you need to have one with you, reasonably accessable, IF the water is 200 surface acres or greater.

I have a life jacket in the back pocket.
[signature]