Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishin on the 4th
wasnt a bad day of fishin on lake russell this past weekend. found out a good time to catch fish is around sundown and troll near banks where it drops off say 20 feet or so with a DB2 or 3, any color works. may get lucky and catch 4lber or so, but mainly caught spot bass OK size. wish id brought my camera.
[signature]
I was about to post myself,I fished in the early afternoon,I had my two cameras out of their cases, scale out, my ruller from florida sportsman, and that 443# for this years challenge.I used my castnet with screen on the inside to catch some 1" baby peacockbass and some under1",I then got some sm myancichlids with them,used a big 6" one to lure in 2 bass one was bigger "female",I hooked bait thin with my sm,carp hook at the back of the tail,I saw her take it and I followed her a bit,she calmly cruized along the dropoff,I stoped let her get ahead a bit,then set the hook in the other direction.A good hook up,on my 4 lb fire line and my 500 tica reel.She fought well,the baitfish flew into my boat as she jumped near the stern.I saw the hook around top jaw,hook came out due to some slack line as I tried to get the baitfish from the back of boat,she looked like a solid 4.I caught the male on one of the 1" baitfish,saw him take it,the female took off,I hope she's back again,and I hope she's in heat[shocked][Image: surprised.gif][Image: bobwink.gif] "stupid me I wanted to show some guys the size of the baitfish she took.I've caught most of my big bass like this....Big baits do catch big bass,Paulpro approved,I thought my line broke,if I hook them in the lip my line wont get frayed eighther,I just have to worry about rocks.I sometimes hook them on the roof of there mouth.I caught a 5lb peacockbass like that ,and to my amazement the line wore but held up,also got hung up for a few frightening seconds.funny pic too,It's of Paul Angel you can see my Angel wings[angelic] I was using my LL bean real I lost at the glades.I grew up fishing with med action for bass but a few years ago I went to light tackle and been hooked ever since.I figured i'd give it a try for a while and went into it with confidence just like anything else you want to pursue in life... "Paulpro knows"just like Bo jackson knew baseball[Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif]I'm glad you had a good time also glad I was'nt the only one fishing on the 4rth,I casted a worm were I was hanging around later after fire works just showing off my airsoft gun rod.[shocked]
[signature]