Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Slam
Camped at Knights Hollow for 5 days and put the hours in on the lake. I gotta say, the weather was AMAZING for Starvvy... The lake was as smooth as glass in the evenings. The only crazy weather came Saturday afternoon with some howling wind. I couldn't keep my boat off the rocks so I was the guy in the bass boat weathering the storm out in the middle of the lake. Took on a ton of water, but the old Glastron still lives to fight another day.

Now to the fishies... Hammered the smallies and perch during the day and chased walleye and slimers at night. On Saturday, I had a school of perch 8 feet below my boat over under the power lines. Check out the pic, thousands of dinks!

If you were camped anywhere on the north end of the lake, I guarantee you heard us hollering "fish on" every five minutes between the hours of 10PM - 2AM. I am a little bit disappointed with the walleye catch this year as compared to last summer. We were targeting the eyes but caught about 10 slimers for every walleye.

Either way, I don't think we caught a trout UNDER 16". Attached is a picture of the best two. Caught my first brown trout, ever. Man did that beast fight! The brown was 24" at 4 lbs and the bow was 24" at 4.7 lbs (credit goes to my cousin on that one). One of our guys landed a chub on the last night which I think completed the species sweep. We even caught a 5" crawfish on an 1/8 oz chartreuse jig and a worm.

Location was all over the north end of the lake and pretty much all of the fish were caught vertical jigging. Chartreuse, orange and yellow were the hot colors.
[signature]
That's an awesome pic of the perch.
[signature]
Nice job on the slam. I think I met you and your buddy from AK. I was the guy with the pontoon on my truck on top of the dog kennels. We spoke briefly and I fished with your buddy in the nasty rain for a couple hours. I cant think of you guys names already[crazy] Anyways thanks for the report. I wish the night bite would have been more productive for you as it was last year... Lots of little guys being caught.

Thanks for the report. PM me next time you go. I may have some potential information.[fishin]
[signature]