Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge 4th Weekend
Spent the weekend fishing the Big Bend area of the Gorge near Buckboard. The fishing was very good, we caught alot of Kokes, some small 12 inchers but lots in the 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 lb. range. I caught one that weighted 4.5 but the pic don't show it very well. We were using Kokanee Creek spinners 12 to 16 inches behind one of their flashers. The Kokes are now 25 to 40 ft. deep because of rising water temps. but they are really hitting, a great time to get up there and catch some. Have a few pics. but only had my phone, so quality is not great. Also a picture of my friends granddaughter who showed grandpa how its done!
[signature]
Nice report and pics Gary, thanks for posting. After catching the little dinks at Porcupine on Sat, it really put in perspective how nice it is to have a quality resource like the Gorge. How long do you think the 4.5 lb koke was, that you caught and what was the hot spinner color?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Nice report and pics Gary, thanks for posting. After catching the little dinks at Porcupine on Sat, it really put in perspective how nice it is to have a quality resource like the Gorge. How long do you think the 4.5 lb koke was, that you caught and what was the hot spinner color?[/quote]

Never measured the big one, but he was bent fitting in my 20" cooler. Hot colors were the black pearl and the hot pink (Hot damn)
[signature]