Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XLDVee, Chick, HBSP Sat Night Tx, 7-2-11, Hart
We started off battling the waves and running upriver to a couple points with stumps and chunk rock. Boated outr 1st fish and biggest of the night on the 3rd cast with a shakey head. Thought it may be a good night, but the bite slowed considerably for us after 10:30 or so. We worked our way back downriver as the night progressed and hit several areas. Had 2 keepers in the boat at 1:15 and decided to run fish the docks at HBSP to finish up. Hart boated our last fish with about 15 min of fishing time left on a texas rig. We had about 7lbs with 2 decent fish. Our 3rd keeper was just a lil feller right at 15".<br /><br />Got around to being 1:50 so we put the rods down and tried to motor back around to the ramp. Dead battery emoBang <br /><br />I had been running my pumps wide open and all my lights and just sucked too much juice out. Luckily we were right there at HBSP and I trolled over to the bank and let Hart out with our fish so he could walk up the road.<br /><br />Got the boat loaded and headed for the house. I was whooped! Thanks again Hippi and Troy for putting these on. They're a blast!