Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question regarding North Marina at Willard
I might be fishing Willard this evening and I have noticed the North Marina closes at 10:00PM. After reading a few posts in the archives, there are conflicting reports on getting out of there past 10.

Some people have said if you stay past 10:00PM you cannot get out... because they lock the gates and you are stuck inside the marina... A few others have said no, that is not the case - if you drive right up to the "exit" gate the motion sensors will lift and you CAN leave.

Just wanted to maybe clear this up... does anyone know if you can leave the marina if you stay past 10:00 PM?
[signature]
if you drive up to the exit, the gate will open
[signature]
Thanks!

Hopefully you are right haha - but I believe ya kochanut - thanks for the information.
[signature]
I'll second that. I've done it. Just drive up slow. Same from the S. end.
Don't plan on 're-entry' until 6am though (not like Bond in Moonraker!).

There's been questions about night-fishing w/o having to pay a camping fee. Not sure where they are at with that.
You can always get out but getting in after ten is another thing... I have been leaving Willard at about 10:30pm and the gates have still been open...

I also hope to be out on the lake tonight good luck to you we will be in a old blue and white nitro fish and ski.....[fishon]
[signature]
Thanks again guys...

Was planning on staying out well past midnight for wipers, eyes or kitties... but I fished from 5:00 PM till about 9:45PM and didn't even get a bump. So I left early. Even if I had caught just 1 wiper I think it would have given me hope to try it at night for a few hours. The bugs were not too bad.

My usual wiper spot was dry today.. I did however see what I am 95% sure was a wiper... slurp something off the surface. Big silver fish... too big to be a crappie. (Way too big to be a shad). Anyhow about 5 minutes after that 3-4 more slurps happened. I noticed a a good # of tiny minnows, smaller than a half inch... don't know what they were... I'm guessing baby crappie or gills.

I spoke to some guys fishing flyrods who were catching bluegills left and right. I bet there are some big eyes, cats, and wipers that snack on those.
[signature]
Do not feel bad we just got back in and we did not boat a fish, we missed a few but did not boat 1 fish of any kind...... Sad I kicked butt the other night. That's Willard for you every other night is good unless you know willards secrets and I have not figured it out. Also I noticed 2 nights ago ther was all kinds of Debri in the water (wood) but tonight it was all gone anyone know where it came from or where it went?
[signature]
I noticed some of it too. (the debris).

I also noticed that the water has come up a few feet in the last week?
[signature]