Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLDIER CREEK RAINBOWS
If anyone wants to take some kids and keep a few fish, head to Soldier Creek and watch the rods go down. We fished on Wednesday afternoon in the rain and wind and caught 38 fish total. Only 2 were cutts!!! Yes, only two. I know! What is going on? I really was shocked that we didn't catch more cutts. We did not see or catch a chub which also surprised me because this time of year they tend to stack up at the Soldier Creek Marina.
All the rainbows were 12 inch planters except a couple of fatter second year bows. Nice fight, perfect for kids. And, you can take a couple home. You don't have to throw them all back in like the olden days when all we caught were cutts.
The fish and game put 25,000 bows in just the other day. They will take just about anything. We used spoons, wedding rings, spinners and they all caught fish. The T.B spoon in rainbow was the winner however. More fish caught on that lure than any other. If I had more of the green wing double whammy wedding ring I could have caught even more, but I am fresh out of the best lure on the planet. Got to find some more. If anyone finds them let me know. Sorry, no pics. Nothing worth bragging about.

Renegade is next to see if there are any cutts in the lake still.
[signature]