Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How NOT to catch TM?
[font "Courier New"][#0000BF][size 3]Alright, I have a question that is the very opposite of what we've been talking about!

In the other thread about TMs, it was mentioned that they will go for just about anything, and will take things meant for other species being targeted.
This is my problem. At Newton, there was lots of bass and perch that I'd like to go after. What happens if I get a TM? My highest grade line is only 10 lbs, and since I'm a little weakling, the only way to get the TM to me, IS to fight it to exhaustion (if I don't die of it first!), so that I can properly get the hook out.

If I were to accidentally get a TM, would it just be better if I were to cut the line? As said, hooks are cheap, and I wouldn't mind losing one, if it'll save the hassle for both me and the poor TM of a tiring fight, bad health and/or death on it's part. Or would leaving the hook and some line in be even worse?
Maybe I shouldn't even bother with Newton - but those bass were great fun and I wouldn't mind trying for some perch for dinner.
[/size][/#0000BF][/font]
[signature]