Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
last nights musky...
Met up with a fellow musky guy ( clint ) who I hadn't yet gotten out with before ... fished from. 6 ish till dark thirty ... saw a few hooked a few.. great night on the water with great company!!
This one made it to the net..
Healthy 39.

[Image: IMGA0042-1.jpg]
[signature]
hell ya man nice fish dude! When i get back from seattle its on lets try and shoot for monday
[signature]
Nice catch man! Think I may have seen you guys last night. Were you reeling one of them in around 7?
[signature]
sexy also, the fish not you!
[signature]
jdawg.... ya i think i got that one between 7-8 .... and kochanut... lol what ever man .. you know you like red beards!!! haha [sly]
[signature]
nice fish!!! if you dont mind me asking. how do you rig up for muskie? dont care about what you use for bait/lures but what as far as line weight and leaders go??
[signature]
Your the man!!
[signature]
Well thats all preference, and type of fishing your gonna do ... most guys like 30-65lb braid,.. I prefer mono,flouro, or copolomer 14-20 ... mono for topwater or flouro for jigs and cranks... as for leader i like it thin and black or green ... never use the solid silver leaders... I make my own with seven strand tie-able leader that is also 20lb .. works great
[signature]
[fishon]
Great fish UTCAT you are the man of Muskie...beautiful fish.
[signature]
nice fish!
[signature]
Man you guys are out of control! You should change your name from Utcatman to Utmuskyman, that's got a good jingle to it. Are all of these being caught in the same area every time? I'm just wondering if the musky stay put in certain areas, or if they wander.
[signature]
If by general area you mean the water.[cool] haha they are all over.
[signature]
Nice Gator!
[signature]
man I need to catch me one of those. nice fish. I take it that you have caught a lot of musky in the last little bit? well congrats
[signature]
Hi Jeremy,
Another alternative for the muskies is heavy florocarbon. Some folks go real heavy, like 100 lb test, but I prefer Rio Floro-Flex's 44 lb test. Its kind of spendy at $22 for 25 yards, but it holds up well. I have had a few muskies chew through it, and cut me off, but not very many. I have had several times where a musky has just shredded the leader, and its held. I also use a 50 lb test Sampo snap to facilitate lure changing, and also reduce the amount of florocarbon used (only the occasional retying needed). You can get the snaps, and florocarbon at Anglers Den in Roy. Also, the heavy leader doesn't seem to deter bass at all, so you can still catch some nice bass while fishing for muskies. Take a look at the attached pic and you can see what the leader looks like. HTH, Fred K.
[signature]