Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILLARD IT IS STARTING BOILING WIPERS
Well Monday I started to see some top water action! Well tonight it was everywhere. Infact I had fish all around the boat and it was kinda funny I watched walleye swimming with the wipers chasing schools of half inch Shad.....

We chased boils but only caught a couple fish we found that trolling fast in areas that we could see boils worked out better...

Most of the lures I started with went to deep so I changed up to light jig heads with small plastics in white, gray, black and chartreuse with pearl white doing the best but chartreuse worked good also...

Just before dark the north dike was going nuts..

I know there is a lot of people that wish I would not say anything but hay good luck all......
[signature]
+1 for sharing!

In my last report I mentioned seeing what I am very confident were a few wiper slurps. I casted right near each one every time but to no avail.

Maybe they are keying in on smaller offerings. Will try some smaller jigs / cranks next time. (I was throwing big cranks).
[signature]
Match the bait size
[signature]
They were lip smacking last Friday evening a lil bit. I managed one with my mighty SS Jr.

Forget d troller
Jus run and Gun
Walk da dog
Top water fun

Let the games begin
Peace out!!
[signature]
Well now that I know I vote this post be deleted. [laugh]
[signature]
going to be a mad house this weekend for sure now
[signature]
Hotspotting?

FWIW - I think I saw some [#0000ff]Bluegill boils[/#0000ff] right at dusk up to Mantua the other night!!!

had I had a fly-rod - they were hittin' big! Most aggressive strikes were at clods of cottonwood cotton wrapped around my line!
[:/] just had to didn't ya! Just kidding. let the mad house begin!!!! My sister and brother in law confirmed boils last night but there being very picky.
[signature]
Headed out tonight in my fat cat (green). I have a yellow shirt on and a camo hat.

Will be fishing near the north dike / north marina. Feel free to stop by and introduce yourself if you'd like or ask how the fishing has been. (this goes for anyone who will be out tonight looking for boils)

good luck.
[signature]
I'm looking out there now the wind is starting to kick up that might make it hard to find boils but the fishing should still be good.... I hope!!!
[signature]
That is a good looking boat you have UThunting.

Thanks for offering a spot on your boat, if I had a good place to put my tube I would have taken you up on it.

I caught 4 catfish and a big smallie. Was snagged on something and the second it came undone that big smallie slammed my crankbait.

I think the wipers have left the shore for the "false spawn" but I'm sure there will be places they will be boiling now that are near shore from time to time.

Time for me to move on to catfishing UL for a few trips - gonna hang up the willard gear.
[signature]
This is when those "little" kastmasters come in handy.... Match the hatch and all that.
[signature]
I found it ironic - on a trip Wiperhunter and I took last summer, chatted with a fine gent after - he and his wife had done quite well - but with a rainbow pattern castmaster. Um - ain't no rainbows in them thar waters last time I checked the signs. Guess nobody told the Wipers! But hey - they don't even realize they can't be spawing. Silly Fisheses!

But hey - instink is what it is. Spots and flash - can't beat it, right? I've heard the Kastmasters with the fluffy tail feathers do well too.

When it's on, it's on right? Might be getting time to walk the dawg! (been practicing my SPOOK action!)
WM
Next time we can tie your tube to the bow of the boat...
The good news for you and bad for me. Is the throttle on my boat broke after I left you and I had to come in on th 4 hp troll motor.... So I did not make it to the marina till 11 pm... I ended up with 12 wipers keeping 4 and 3 walleye 2 15" eyes and one 26"... It was a good night out I might go Sunday night, but I'm stuck with a 4 hp motor or the front troll... LOL... But the fish are calling me.... I must go to the call!!!!
[signature]