Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotating the head on a 40lb thrust minkota
Has anyone rotated the head on a transom mount trolling motor? Can it be done without messing up the wiring? Any tricks or secrets?
I built a bracket to go on the bow of my boat so I can put the motor up front but need to rotate the head so my forward gears actually prpel the boat forward.
[signature]
I have the Maxxum 40 and I have turned the head. Just make sure the wires are out of the way on the bolt hole. Use a pick or a screwdriver if needed.
[signature]
That is what mine is. It is a snap you can't mess it up. Take out the bolt and turn it that is it. Ron
[signature]
Great! Thats what i wanted to hear, easy. Gonna swap it and test it out at SFCR in the morning
[signature]
[quote idahoron]That is what mine is. It is a snap you can't mess it up. Take out the bolt and turn it that is it. Ron[/quote]

There is one thing that wasn't mentioned. After you turn the head and go to put the screw back in, one side of the head where the screw goes has a recessed place the nut fits into. Be sure to put the screw in so the stainless nut will fit into the recessed thingy.

Hopefully this is clear. Lots of words...[Wink]

FT
[signature]