Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vineyard Lake
I'm gonna take a break on the catfish since I can't make it up to any of the good spots and I feel like I'm wasting my free time on sucker fish and baby bass lol anyone made the hike up to the lake? I'll probably spend most of my time swimming and catching crawdads but couldn't pass up the oppurtunity for some cutbows!
[signature]
I have fished the creek and been up to the lake, but I have never fished it. I didn't have time the once I was there. I am not sure anything is even in it. It was stocked last way back in 1969. So unless there is good natural repo, it doesn't look too good.

I would love to hear how you do or what you find out.

One caution ---- loads of poison ivy in the area. If it is green, then don't touch it!!!
[signature]
Years ago I fished the water feeding the lake, they were small but a blast on the dry fly. I did here the lake had some nice fish in the past.
[signature]
I ended up going to lake Wilson to fish and then back west to my secret crawdad spot. No fish but several hundred crawdads! The little ones will be cured. The largest we ate last night and the rest we split up between my friends who went diving with me. Not bad for an hours worth of collecting!
[signature]