Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello everyone
Hey everyone. Im josh from Alabama. I enjoy just about any kind of fishing. From bass to catfish and everything in between. Im about to get a fly rod and would welcome any tips or suggestions about the best flies for what. Also I plan to do some fly fishing down on Dauphin Island soon and I have no idea what would be the best fly to use or the best presentation or anything, Im pretty much ignorant to fly fishing other than what Ive read so far. I look forward to sharing my experiences and hearing all of yours. Nothing can halp you make new friends quite like fishing can. thanks for reading. have a great day and Catch a Big'un.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Jbp, I see you have found the Ala board already, hopefully someone will answer your question there but just in case I'm going to move this post to our fly fishing board.
WH2
[signature]
Thanks WH2. I really appreciate it. Im young and always looking for advice and tips. I have always loved fishing and hope to keep learning more so that I can share my knowledge with others. Most of all I just wanna have some fun wetting a line.
[signature]
Reading your post you will be going after bass and such. These fish take flies just like trout. Use imitations of what they are eating. Different types of bugs. Since I am from out west the fishing is slightly different. I know that here the bass and panfish are willing to take fish imitations in the same colors that you would use for spinning gear.
[signature]
welcome to the ff'ing forum... we have some great people here that Im sure will pipe up ..

in general you can use poppers, wolly buggers in black, chartreuse, terrestrail patterns like roaches,grass hoppers, crawdads, and dont forget ants and small insects like that.. the ants can be black, red, or red and black..

one other good idea would to contact fly shops in the area you will be fishing and ask them which flies are working in that area and in particular where the best fishing is and how the fish are being caught ...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]