Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado trip in two weeks?
Looking for a good camping/fly fishing area hopefully not more than 7 or 8 hour drive from Ogden area. Anyone have any good Colorado experience they're willing to share?

Thanks,

Justin
[signature]
south park dude! you can fish the big 3. antero, spinney, 11 mile. you also have the dream stream, upper south platte then 11 mile canyon. you can make it there in 8 hours easy. there is trout, pike, kokane fishing to your hearts content. right now the weed growth is in full swing because of the temps. but dont let the fact its summer fool you. it still gets down right cold at night. fishin_gal and i went up last fall and did awesome at spinney on choronimids. she also tore up the dream stream. none of the brutes but still some nice fish. right now the pike fishing at 11 mile and spinney is going great. i am from that area of sorts and still have family that fishes up there weekly. i highly suggest a tube or toon if you fish antero to get away from the people. there are alot of bait chuckers there which is fine but they all concentrate on one area because it seems no one wants to do some walking there to fish. once the wond comes up at either spinney or antero there is really no where to hide. you can at 11 mile in one of the coves. iim heading up again in the fall for the brown spawn which is a blast to fish. sight fishing double digit browns with gigantic nasty streamers is a hoot. granted there are some places that are closer but this place is near and dear to my heart. if you would like any more info on this are just ask.
[signature]
i dont get really detailed when im rushed but here is a short and sweet report about the last time we were there

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=610549;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=610549;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
If you like high mountain lakes and with the Uintas not open all the way try out the Grand Mesa near Grand junction CO. lots of lakes and streams full of hungry trout.
[signature]