Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Sierras next month
Assuming my xsister-law does not alter the plans again. The 19th through about the 30th,of August, my brother and I will be on a stream in the Eastern Sierras some where between Bishop and Bridgeport. Probably a number of those streams.

I know that there are not many on here that go there but if you are so inclined to meet streamside or around a campfire to fish and BS send me an email.

If you got any suggestions I would be interested in hearing those even if you can't talk and walk a spell.
[signature]
oh how I wish I could join you streamside on that trip...

good luck and make sure and post all about it when you return...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[inline 1BCWeir.jpg][Image: happy.gif]Wish you good luck Scruffy_Fly. Been to that area several times and as Mac said wish that I could join you. Would have to pass on the outdoor camping as that would be a bit much on my arthritic bones. Hear that the river flows have been quite swift due to the heavy snow pack. BTW while most of the fish in this Weir are 8 to 14" there are some monsters that lurk in the narrow waterways located in the growth to the left on this picture.
[signature]
Dryrod:

that is a tidbit of good information to know. I have seen pictures of that area before and have had it on the list. Last year I did not get to stop by.

Yeah, the water is quite high in some places but it is trending downward. At least it has been clear. Just may have to be picky about where to step into the water. May not be crossing back and forth across the water like I usually do.

We will be staying along Rock Creek for the first night or two. We made a reservation so that we knew that we would have a place for the first night since it would take us a while to get up that way and knew we may get diverted for a while before we got to the camping area.

From there it is up in the air.

We have a couple of places that we liked that we want to stay and fish again this year. last time my brother sat in the vehicle while I fished in the rain and thunder until I wondered back and told him that the catching was good and he ought to re-think his strategy. Hopefully this year the rain, thunder, bears and such will not be bothering us.
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif]Hope that you have a great time & that the catching is excellant.
BTW the picture that I enclosed is just east of South Lake in the Bishop Creek area. About 20 miles west of 395 on Hwy 168.
[signature]